Friday, September 23, 2005

My new discovery!!

I love going to the beach at night with mates and a guitar.
(Not necessarily me playing the guitar - just having a guitar being played!!) (Mates are a necessity though otherwise I'd be totally freaked out being there all by myself at night!!)

Me and 2 of my flatmates did this last night, we/I played lots of guitar (badly- I really need to learn how to play properly), and we walked along the pier. At the end it was kind of freaky, cos it was like the world just stopped. The sea was black and the sky was black so you couldn't see any resemblance of the horizon, only the ocassional swell which totally freaked you out cos it made it look like the world's end was coming closer and closer to you - wierd, I know, but it was cool!! It was also a lot quieter at the end of the pier cos all the crashing waves were behind you and the sea out infront was all quiet!
It was possibly quite thought provoking, if you're that way inclined, but I personally was feeling a little spooked-ish by it, it was kind of eerie, we didn't stay long there, we moved back down the pier where there was noise from the waves and a bit more light!! : ) But it was still cool though!

But generally I was just amused by how much I really loved being at the beach at night with a guitar! I didn't want to leave. There was still much more singing and playing that could be done, it was kinda getting late, but as long as I was there with the guitar and friends, I felt like I could've stayed forever!!

1 comment:

Jared said...

I totally agree. Going out there at night and wandering is one of my great escapes. Church camps are great for it because we go to Woodend so those that are used to burning the candle at both ends stroll down to the beach. Its so beautiful and seems like a different world. The sea, the wind, the stars, and the sounds of silence.

Sometimes a bonfire on the beach is the only thing that can top it. I can't wait for the fullness of summer :D